- Registration for Javier Rodriguez 2016 Hong Kong Workshop (24-28 November, 2016) has already started!
- "Tango Apasionado" Concert - We will be performing on stage with award winning bandoneonist, Mark Wu Yung Lung from Taiwan, together with other distinguished musicians from Asia in a concert of traditional and contemporary tangos on 2 November, 2016 at Sheung Wan Civic Centre. Tickets are available now through Urbtix.
- Ladies Technique Class on 24 November, 2016 is cancelled.
- All regular classes cancelled during 4 -11 October, 2016 as we will be in Moscow performing at the 2nd Russian Tango Congress.
Forget everything you know about dance. The essence of tango is not in the movement or the choreography, but in the feeling that provoked each movement. When two people open their hearts to connect with each other, each step, each twist, each breath, even each pause, each moment of silence – is Tango.
We invite you to a world that challenges you to find your inner self, a world where people yearn for the connection with others, a world of beautiful, passionate music that touches your heart. Enter a world that inspires you to transform into a better person – for yourself and for others.
Tango is not just a dance. It is a culture, a feeling, an attitude, and a way of life.
1) Packages are not transferrable or refundable.
2) Expiry Dates of packages cannot be extended unless upon reasonable request to be approved by Malevos Tango School (e.g. personal injuries).
3) Class credit will be deducted for up to TWO classes per week only. Class credit will not be deducted for the third and additional classes taken during the week (with the exception of Ladies Technique classes, fantasia courses, and classes taking place outside of Malevos Tango Studio). Each week starting Monday and ending Sunday.
4) Malevos Tango Ltd. reserves the right to the interpretation of the terms and conditions hereinabove.
Oct 15, 22,29 & Nov 5,12 (Sat) 3-4pm
- Nov 4,11,18, 25, Dec 2 (Fri) 8:45-9:45pm
- Dec 3,10,17,24 & 31 (Sat) 3-4pm
Malevos Tango School, Rm 1109, Bell House Block B, 525-543 Nathan Road, Kowloon
(MTR Exit B1. Entrance to the right of Japan Home Centre)
Class Fee: Early Bird $750 / Regular $800
What should I prepare for my class?
Please wear normal clothing and shoes with non-stick soles. Heels for the ladies and leather shoes for the men are recommended. There is no need to purchase ballroom dance shoes just for the class as they are not suitable for Argentine Tango. We do carry Argentine tango shoes for sale at our studio.
You don't need to find a partner for learning tango. Students can enroll alone or in pairs. We will rotate partners during the class.
After taking the Beginners Course, What next?
We highly recommend all beginners course students to retake the entire course at least once, especially for leaders. All beginners course students can retake the course for free for a maximum of two times in the following two months after the end of the first course. Afterwards, students can take any of our intermediate or open classes on walk-in basis. Students can choose to pay by class, or purchase our 10 or 20-class packages. In time, we will let students know when they are ready to take more advanced classes. Students should also join our practicas often to practise what they've learnt and to dance with other people. Milongas on the other hand are social dance parties which take place nearly every day of the week where people mingle, dance and have fun. Practicas and milongas are great places to learn outside of the classroom.
How long does it take to learn Argentine Tango?
All students can essentially start dancing in milongas (dance parties) after the beginners course, although the average time for students to feel at ease dancing in the milongas is 6-12 months. However, most students continue learning with us for years, polishing their dance and learning new movements.
Why choose Malevos?
Legacy - Felipe and Sandra are passionate to pass down the legacy of their masters, from whom they have learnt intensively for an extended period of time. The development of tango over the years has led to ideas becoming mixed, scattered and sometimes confusing, but they are persistent to teach a traditional style of tango and ensure its essence is not lost.
Professionalism - Apart from having a systemized teaching method, Malevos is quick to adapt their teaching to student's weaknesses and strengths and provide customized guidance to them through their road to growing their Tango.
Approach - Their years of teaching experience allow them to be able to explain the movements in the dance as natural body movements and in great detail as they fully understand the difficulties of learning tango for "non dancers". They are able to communicate the sensations and subtleties in the dance in a way that is easy to understand. Their approach to teaching is detailed, precise, humorous, and aimed at introducing tango as a social dance, not just as a competitive sport or exhibition.
We hold a 45-min free introductory class for absolute beginners every 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month during our Practica Malevos at 4:15pm.
Venue: Amico Studio (2/F, 167-169 Hennessy Rd, Wanchai)
Time: Wednesdays 9:30pm-12:30am
Entrance Fee: $70
Venue: Dance Culture, 20/F Richmond Plaza, 496 Jaffe Road, Causeway Bay, HK
Time: Every 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month 4-6pm
Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Who should take private classes?
Apart from taking our regular group classes, students are highly encouraged to take private lessons with us to elaborate on important details that are sometimes difficult to address to during group classes. Private classes can also allow us to discover problems particular to each student and correct them effectively and efficiently. Students are advised to take 1-2 private classes with us every three months.